Table of contents
To study in Australia you’ll need to apply for admission to an institution and a student visa from the Australian Government. In addition, there are some entry requirements to consider before you can study in Australia.
Go Through an Australian education agent like us
Discuss with us about the institution and courses that you are interested.
You will need to prepare supporting documentation to send with your application. The documents vary depending on the course, provider and qualification you’re studying for. The most important documents include:
- Certificates that verify your previous study, including qualifications you already have
- Evidence of your English language proficiency
- Certificates or documents which verify previous study or work experience if you are seeking course credits. These must be translated into English.
Receiving your Letter of Offer
If your application is successful, you will receive a ‘Letter of offer’. To confirm your offer you must respond to this letter by signing and sending an acceptance of offer back to the institution. The Letter of offer is a contract between you and the institution. This contract is very important – if you do not start or finish your course, this written agreement will be used to determine if you will receive a refund.
Confirmation of enrolment
After you have accepted your offer and paid your deposit you will receive an ‘Electronic confirmation of enrolment’ (eCoE) by email. This will outline your course start date, total course fees and how long your course will run for.
We can process your student visa at a small fee or you may apply it online.
Here are some typical requirements:
- Receive an electronic Confirmation of enrolment (eCoE) certificate.
- Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
- Prove you have sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency.
- Meet health and character requirements (health check is mandatory)
- Provide evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover (see below).
Overseas Student Health Cover
Australia has a special system of health cover for international students called Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). It will help you pay for any medical or hospital care you may need while you’re studying here. It will also help pay for most prescription medicines and provide you with ambulance cover in emergencies.
We can assist you to purchase OSHC for yourself and any family member travelling with you, before you arrive in Australia. You must have OSHC for the duration of your student visa.